Super Antioxidant Summer Iced Tea
This recipe was featured in Dr. Doherty’s original 2005 Superfoods article in Living Without magazine. For the full article click here (I think it has been posted on the site, I sent it to Dave at the beginning of last month. If not now would be a good time to post it). It is refreshing and delicious.
Makes Approx 10 cups
1. Place all ingredients in a large heat-proof container large enough to hold 80 ounces.
- 1 oz pomegranate juice concentrate (Knudsen)
- 1 oz cranberry juice concentrate (Knudsen)
- 1 T sliced, fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 organic green tea bags, regular or decaffeinated
- 2-3 packets Stevia or your favorite sweetener (a gluten free plant based sweetener)
- 10 cups of boiling water
2. Pour a large kettle of boiling water (10 oz) over everything and steep covered for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and discard.
Enjoy hot or cold. This juice will keep refrigerated for several days.